Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver

23 August, 2008

When I lived in a hole...

Here is a story from long ago. Every time I think of it, it makes me laugh. So I decided to copy it from MySpace blog and put it in Blogger blog. Anyway...

So. We're sitting around, watching "Quantum Leap" when there is a knock on the door. "Come in," we call. Nothing. Another chorus of hellos and come ins. Enter strange man, about 35, blond semi-mullet, mustache.
"Yes? Can we help you?"
"Man, I just need some fucking weed so bad. I saw the Bob Marley poster that the guys cross the hall have. I can almost taste weed. I need some so fucking bad. Hey, can I have a shot of water?"
I choose not to let this man wander into our kitchen and leap up to fill his bottle. He responds with "Can you rinse it out too?" Umm, yessir.
He continues to babble, on and on about how he's leaving his rich girlfriend and getting a trailer so he doesn't have to put up with her shit, because all of her shit isn't worth money, and just ask the other two about that so he's getting out of there and hey is there another apartment upstairs this ceiling is high and if I lived here I would get some of those chairs that they have at the Renaissance Festival and hang them from the ceiling you know those chairs that have rope and a piece of wood like here on the bottom yeah I'd get some of those.
And then he wandered out of our lives forever.