Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver

05 July, 2010

Bonfires, and illuminations...

It was an epic Fourth of July weekend. I headed out to O-town around noon on Wednesday. Thursday, for me, was spent job hunting online and watching "Doctor Who". For others, it was less leisurely...





That is a tiny brush and a great big house.


On Friday, there was a lot of cooking of with delicious, summery ingredients followed by Mom and me heading to Redfield to hang out with Kate, Nathan, and Meron.









And Stew and Rose. They are clever, though; it was difficult weather for extremely hairy, black dogs, but they worked it out.



There were a lot of random firecrackers going off all day on Saturday. Speaking of firecrackers...




I got my hair styled.



And we hung out in our shades just to look cool.



Grammy and Mimi sat on a bench for a while. You know, for fun.







Also, I fell of the sidewalk (yes, off of the sidewalk) and skinned my knee. I was just like "Really? Am I a child again?" I mean, who past the age of ten skins their knee.



Saturday night we met Luke and Talia in Hancock for a fireworks display. It was excellent.









On Sunday, the actual 4th, we went to Luke and Talia's house to have an amazing, tropical meal that included jerk chicken, pineapple beans, banana coleslaw, and rum cake. It was not unlike being in Jamaica, especially with the balmy weather. I was too busy having fun to take any pictures. But around 9 o'clock I decided to head east to St. Paul, with a glorious sunset at my back.



And fireworks all the way home.

No comments: