Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver

29 August, 2010

Long Weekend



Went out to the folks' place for a church celebration. I feel, as an atheist, it is odd for me to narrate a church program, but you know...whatever. Still good times. And I can totally make it sound impressive and put it on my resume.

My dad had a reading in Montevideo on Thursday, after which we got Mexican take-out and had a picnic in Artiga Plaza.














On Friday, my mom and I made brownies for a dinner at my grandparents' house.









































We walked out to get the mail with Cricket...














...and it tuckered her out.
















Saturday entailed a trip to Aberdeen (SD, not Scotland) to visit the sister, brother-in-law, and niece. We went to the beach, but Mer was the only one with a swimsuit.

















Cuteness...




And...I don't want to freak her parents out or anything, but this run is totally "Baywatch," right?




Also, thrilled beyond thrilled to discover several previously lost photos on my parents computer that I didn't know were there. Huzzah! The only reason I haven't tried to do anything new with my blog's appearance is because I thought that the picture on the header was the only version of that photo that I had. No longer are you and I confined to stare at the same freakin' sunset! Although, I do like it quite a lot, so I might just leave it...



Other sunset options...



No comments: