Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver

08 October, 2010

Holy overflow, Batman!

It started innocently enough. I thought I should spiff up the ol' place, what with having extended an open invitation of visitation to the whole of the metro area. I thought "I'll just fill the sink with soapy water and start scrubbing the kitchen, top to bottom." Well, a word or two of advice. If, while waiting for the sink to fill, you decide to put in a load of laundry, don't then think "I'll just fold these freshly dry clothes. And while I'm at it, I'll start cleaning the bathroom, too. And then I'll put all these other things away." If you do this, you will return to a kitchen sink that looks not unlike a giant, microwaved marshmallow.

You know. Like this:


The Boy Wonder looks pretty concerned about all those soapy enemies, doesn't he?

No comments: