Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
-Mary Oliver

29 May, 2011

The sun'll come out...




I went to Annie on Saturday with my nieces, sister, and mom. Baby's First Musical. An important milestone in my opinion...




The first 15 minutes were pretty magical. After that, due to schedule disruption caused by a six hour car ride, a hotel with a swimming pool, a photo shoot, and a midnight coughing fit, the sheen began to wear off a bit. By intermission, one girl was asleep and one was crawling back and forth on the floor in front of our chairs, squawking occasionally, so we decided to leave. I think the performers started to lose them during "We'd Like to Thank You Herbert Hoover". Evidently, jokey songs about politicians sung by hobos during the Great Depression are lost on the under five crowd. Good thing we were in the balcony. Still, I look forward to reminiscing about that one time we watched half of Annie.


More from the weekend...


Hotel with a pool. At this point in their young lives, better than a musical. I have hopes that that will change.


Little girls, little girls...




Hana Yenenesh




Meron Tewabech




Malakai Melese






Hard-knock life? Not so much...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures. I think sometimes we're so eager to share things we love with kids that we do it too early - I once made a list of movies/shows I'd just seen the beginning of - sometimes several times. And I won't even go into the Old Yeller experience.